KEYHOLDER + RETAIL TEAM - HEALTH HUT COLLEGE/LESLIEVILLE
As a Health Hut Retail Associate, you are at the heart of our customers’ experience. Genuinely warm and naturally driven, you’re a fan of everything we sell. Your enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our store that makes shopping fun and keeps customers coming back.
As a Keyholder, you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth shift from beginning to end.
In-Store Customer Service
- Warmly greet all customers and ensure everyone feels welcome and cared for in the store.
- Represent Health Hut and our core values through all forms of communication.
- Gain a strong knowledge and understanding of all the products and brands we carry.
- Provide an outstanding and positive experience for all customers. Build strong and authentic relationships through one-on-one interactions.
- Provide relevant and helpful recommendations and suggestions for customer’s needs.
- Address and resolve customer complaints, questions and concerns in-store, as well as over email, chat and phone.
- Use and regularly check Reamaze and Slack to communicate with customers and team members.
- Facilitate transactions through Shopify POS using all relevant apps.
- Manage facial bookings and process facial payments at the end of each service with Acuity.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties (cleaning, organizing and maintaining excellent store condition).
- Work with the retail team and store manager to meet sales goals.
- Receive, price and put away new inventory.
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Manage store inventory levels, adjust inventory as needed, and log inventory changes.
Ecommerce (College Street)
- Manage all incoming online orders, pull product, pack boxes and arrange shipments.
- Fulfil online pick-up and same-day delivery orders.
- Operate the various computer shipping programs to ensure shipments and deliveries are scheduled in a precise and timely manner.
- Use Reamaze and Slack to check for updates on orders from customers or management.
- Support customers' email and phone inquiries and transactions.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized environment.
- Make sure all customer complaints, questions and concerns are resolved - in-store, over the phone, email and chat.
- Troubleshooting all in-store systems (internet, Shopify, Moneris, Sonos, alarm system).
- Ensure the store is clean, organized and all closing protocols are complete before leaving for the day.
- Regular communication with other stores and managers.
Offer marketing support through:
- Instagram: community management, create stories in Canva using our brand guidelines and photos, post stories.
- Newsletter and blog: add links, format and provide assistance.
- Website management: add new products, add collections, respond to reviews and general backend updates as needed.
- Ongoing tasks as needed.
- Alignment with Health Hut’s values, our brand and products.
- An interest in natural lifestyle and daily care products.
- Strong customer service experience, preferably in the retail industry.
- Happy working independently as well as with others. *Note that you will be alone in the store for most of your shifts.
- Kind and authentic communication skills.
- Ability to self-start, but also take direction when needed.
- Can wear many hats and multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience using a POS system.
- Experience using various social media platforms.
- Comfortable working on a computer and various other forms of technology.
- Experience with Shopify and Shopify POS is considered a strong asset.
- Commitment to inclusivity as it relates to gender, race, body size, ability and sexual orientation.
Retail + Marketing
Part time, approximately 25-30 hours.
$18-20/hour, based on experience.
Includes 4% vacation pay, two paid sick days, and a discount on all products.
786 College Street and 1025 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario
*Flexibility and availability to work at both locations (East & West Toronto) is ideal. Please note, this job requires moving up and down stairs and requires light lifting.
At Health Hut we value diversity and are committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons, women, people of diverse size, and persons of all sexual and gender orientations and expressions.
Please email your resume and cover letter in one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter. Bonus: answer these in a video format and attach your video to your application submission.
1. How would your friends describe you?
2. What does wellness mean to you?
3. What excites you about working for Health Hut? What makes you want to join our team?
Thanks so much in advance for your application. We will be in touch with successful candidates to move forward to the next phase of hiring.
ABOUT HEALTH HUT
Health Hut is a Canadian retailer of thoughtfully sourced, high integrity skincare, body and lifestyle products that have a positive effect on your mood and well-being. All of our products are beautiful, effective, and actively participate in the protection of our environment.
Inspired by the natural beauty of the local landscape, we crafted our house line of intentional, quality forward products to evoke feelings experienced in nature - calm, comforted and connected.
It is important to us to support good people doing great things. We nurture intimate relationships with brands both locally and abroad while also building friendships within our community.
It makes us feel good to foster a broad and inclusive approach to health and wellness. We champion everyone on their unique journey. More joy, less perfection. More curiosity, less judgement.
We promote a positive body image, weight-neutral wellness, and a non-judgemental, autonomous approach to self-care and lifestyle choices.
We welcome persons of all sexual and gender orientations and expressions, race, size, age and religion, and are committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression and working towards restoring equity.