WHY USE EYE CREAMS OR SERUMS?
Eye cream and serum formulations target the unique and fragile skin around the eye. This skin is different from the rest of the skin on the face as it's loosely attached to the muscles around the eye, and has less fatty tissue and minimal sebaceous glands. Because of this, you may notice signs of living and laughing around the eyes before anywhere else on the face.
Eye creams and oils consider the unique characteristics of this delicate skin and incorporate ingredients in ratios that are both safe and more effective than general face creams and serums.
BENEFITS OF USING EYE-SPECIFIC PRODUCTS:
While all our eye products truly deliver on all of the below benefits, here are some stand-out products in each category that we constantly find ourselves recommending.
MOISTURIZES AND HYDRATES THE DELICATE SKIN UNDER THE EYE
- Living Libations All Seeing Eye Creme Get ready to saturate your skin and keep laughing with confidence, with or without cute crowsfeet.
- Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème This bestselling, multifunctional crème depuffs, smooths fine lines and delivers lasting hydration.
REDUCES THE APPEARANCE OF FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
- Tata Harper Elixir Vitae Eye Serum This lightweight, hyper-potent eye serum targets severe lines and wrinkles, this is the best that Tata Harper has to offer, get ready to smile with your eyes.
DIMINISHES THE APPEARANCE OF DARK CIRCLES AND PUFFINESS
- Tata Harper Illuminating Eye Crème This crème has a universal pink-gold tint for subtle luminosity and diamond dust to instantly illuminate eyes. Doubles as a highlighting eyeshadow when added to the eyelid.
HELPS PROTECT AGAINST ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE
- Tata Harper Bio Barrier Eye Crème This supremely soothing, concentrated eye crème is best for reactive, stressed, sensitive, or dry skin as it's hypoallergenic, derm tested, vegan and free from fragrances, essential oils, and 85+ common allergens and irritants.
- Wildcraft Renew Eye Serum The seabuckthorn oil and pumpkin seed oil in this blend are filled with powerful antioxidants that protect the skin around the eye.
- Graydon Super Sensitive Skin Stuff Formulated with ceramides or lipids, these fatty acids help to protect the skin barrier by creating a protective shield against pollution and other environmental stressors. Ceramides also help to plump the skin and improve its ability to retain moisture.
IMPROVES THE TEXTURE AND TONE OF THE SKIN AROUND THE EYES
- Tata Harper Boosted Contouring Eye Balm This thick supernatural eye balm targets sagging skin and under-eye bags to restore skin that is firm and lifted. Best for loss of firmness and elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles, and dryness.
- Graydon Berry Rich Face + Eye Cream Formulated with blue-green algae that naturally contains glycine and proline, which support collagen production and firmer-looking skin.
"GAME CHANGER! This is one the best eye creams I have ever used and the fact that it is natural makes it perfect. The richness and soothing feel are amazing, like being in a spa....quality exceeded my expectations. I love it!! "
- Leigh, reviewing Tata Harper's Boosted Contouring Balm
INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR:
HYALURONIC ACID FOR HYDRATION
ANTIOXIDANTS FOR PROTECTION FROM THE ENVIRONMENT
- F. Miller Eye Oil Extremely rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins A, E + K, and anti-inflammatory botanicals, this concentrated blend absorbs quickly and encourages stimulation with the stainless steel roller.
CAFFEINE + GREEN TEA FOR REDUCING PUFFINESS AND DARK CIRCLES
- 100% Bright Eyes Mask
- Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème Tata sources the green tea in the product from Cambodia, this green tea extract is rich in proanthocyanidins, a powerful antioxidant known to be 20x more potent than Vitamin C and 50x more potent than Vitamin E.
RETINOL FOR REDUCING THE APPEARANCE OF FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
- Province Apothecary's Vital Nutrient Face + Eye Balm contains bakuchiol, a plant-based retinol alternative that helps with pigmentation, elasticity, and firmness.
WORKING INTO YOUR ROUTINE:
Eye cremes and serums can be applied both day and night to keep the skin around the eyes fresh and well-hydrated. As some eye cremes can be rich and heavy, you may prefer incorporating them into your evening routine or using a smaller amount in the morning.
Always apply eye product with the gentlest pressure, being sure not to drag the delicate skin.
Stop by one of our Toronto shops to try out our selection of eye cremes and serums to find a product that best suits your skin and meets your skincare goals.
Use F. Miller's Eye Oil as a nail and cuticle treatment to nourish dry nails and encourage healthy growth.
Use your eye creams and serums around your lips at night. Like the skin around the eyes, the skin here is also more thin and delicate. Your lips will love a regular dose of targeted hydration.