2023 has been an incredible year full of fun product launches, sold out events and huge giveaways. As the year comes to a close, we're looking back at some of our fave moments, products and relationships.
We look forward to welcoming in another year with our best skin forward. Cheers!
HERE'S WHO WE GAVE TO
1. FRIENDS OF RUBY Supporting two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual and all-gender non-conforming young persons by providing free counselling, housing and social services.
2. GOOD TO BE GOOD An intersectional, community-wide, grassroots humanitarian and advocacy nonprofit organization with a mission to serve women and marginalized communities to help build a kind and equal world. All the profits of our HH Cards are donated here.
3. PANZI FOUNDATION The Panzi community of supporters, health and wellness practitioners, lawyers, and activists work to help survivors become whole—and put an end to the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war.
4. THE STOP The Stop strives to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
5. SAVE THE CHILDREN Reaches the most vulnerable children in nearly 120 countries around the world—including Canada. Every day they ensure children survive, are protected from harm and have the opportunity to learn.
WE SAID HELLO TO
8. MARY If you shop in stores with us, you've most likely met Mary at either of our Toronto shops. She's the green thumb of the group and our go-to hair care expert.
8. MELISSA Most often found keeping the Leslieville community company with their witty sense of humour and sensitive skincare tips.
MOST REVIEWED PRODUCTS
9. HEALTH HUT HAND SOAP & BODY WASH in Vetiver, Black Pepper and Peru Balsam. This woodsy wash made many people gush this year.
"This is the best hand soap! Every winter my hands get very dry and chapped and this has been the only hand soap that doesn’t ruin my hands!" —Lisa L.
"My friends love washing their hands at my house." —Iolanda M.
10. SALT & STONE SANTAL AND VETIVER DEODORANT This is easily the most coveted Salt & Stone scent of the year. We've sold out of it three times this year alone.
"I love this scent! Honestly, I use it like perfume!" —Calyssa H.
"Heavenly subtle scent and it works!" —Anna C.
SOME NEW PRODUCTS AND BRANDS
11. HEALTH HUT HAND & BODY LOTION You asked, we answered! These vegan lotions were highly requested by lovers of our Hand & Body Washes. Now everyone can enjoy their favourite HH wash scent in lotion form.
12. ABEL Transparently clean fragrance, these perfumes are formulated with essential oils, extracts, plant-derived scent molecules and all natural biotech ingredients.
13. 19/99 In a youth-obsessed industry that too often exploits personal insecurities, 19/99 is shaping a new narrative where individuals, of every age, can define their own image of beauty.
14. ACTIVIST We brought in one product with one ingredient from this much sought-after brand. The response to the Mānuka Honey Mask has us thinking we're all walking around with honey on our faces.
WE GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS
15. MONOCLE A College Street neighbour, we enjoyed participating in their beautifully curated Christmas Market this holiday season.
16. LG2 and SATY + PRATHA As much as we'd like to say, "we woke up like this," the HH brand is all LG2. Hello to the new site we launched this fall. And those beautiful botanical photos? Look to Saty + Pratha for making our visual dreams come true.
MOST USED BY THE HH TEAM
17. HEALTH HUT BUBBLE BATH We can't get enough of those mountainous lux bubbles.
18. VINTNER'S DAUGHTER ACTIVE BOTANICAL SERUM This is the one serum you can find in all of our bathroom cabinets.
WE LOVE TO HOST
19. HH WINE CLUB These events are the most fun, and this year was no exception. We hosted two OG HH brands in 2023, Province Apothecary and Tata Harper. At each event, guests sipped natural wine curated by Grape Witches while moving through a curated skincare routine. How perfect is that combo?
We'll only have a few Wine Clubs in 2024. If you want to attend, be sure to get your tickets when we announce, as these events sell out.
20. TATA HARPER X HH MUSKOKA Our Muskoka Hut opens up only for the summer and we soak in as many sunsets and morning dips in the lake as we can. This summer, we hosted slow movement class at The Boathouse Yoga Co. Guests were led through a spa-worthy Tata Harper facial as the lake breeze kissed their skin.
21. VINTNER'S DAUGHTER MASTERCLASSES This spring, we cleared the shop tables and filled them with florals, drinks and snacks while we hosted a rare and luxurious Vintner's Daughter Masterclass. Guests experienced a full Vintner's Daughter skincare routine.
A LITTLE FREE FEELS GOOD
22. GOODY BAGS In 2023 we gave away the most goody bags in the history of HH—and it felt so good! We appreciate hearing how you're enjoying the products from these much sought-after bags. You can expect more of those in 2024.
23. HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY We loved looking cute in reindeer headbands while wrapping all your gifts at our Holiday party this December. We also loved giving away over $700 in product to some lucky party guests. Be sure to RSVP early next year.